New openings this weekend are the Tween monster Twilight, and Last Airbender from M. Night Shyamalan.
With out a doubt the Tweens will help hugely to push Eclipse further than New Moon which made 709 million world wide. Over the four day weekend expect Eclipse to pull in close 100 million. Paramount was bat shit crazy to put The Last Airbender opening next to twilight, so that will surely hurt the potential boxoffice it "could" have pulled in.
In it's third week the very overrated Toy Story 3 will rake in close to another 38 million beating out Grown Ups which opened just last weekend and should earn another 26 million.
1. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Summit) - $97 million
2. The Last Airbender (Paramount) - $45 million
3. Toy Story 3 (Disney/Pixar) - $38 million
4. Grown Ups (Sony) - $26 million
5. Knight and Day (20th Century Fox) - $13.5 million
6. The Karate Kid (Sony) - $10.5 million
7. The A-Team (20th Century Fox) - $3.7 million
8. Get Him to the Greek (Universal) - $2.8 million
9. Shrek Forever After (DreamWorks Animation/Paramount) - $1.9 million
10. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Disney) - $1.6 million
Be sure to check back on Sunday for the Box Office estimates from Jen, and again next Wednesday for the predictions.
Next week the Robert Rodriguez produced Predator remake hits the big screen, and Steve Carell plays a super-villain in the animated comedy Despicable Me.